The game might not update when you are connected to an unstable network or when there's insufficient space on your storage. In case you run into issues updating, please try the following steps:
- Restart your device
- Free up space
- Delete cookies and unnecessary apps
- Check your network (Wi-Fi/data) connection (you need to be connected to a stable network in order to update the game)
UPDATE MESSAGE IS NOT DISPLAYED
If the “Update needed/available” message is not displayed – and unable to start the game, please update manually:
- Open Google Play Store
- Tap on your profile picture
- Tap on My apps & Games
- On the “Updates tab” tap on the “Update” button next to the Guardian Tales app icon
Additionally, if after following these steps you are still unable to update the game, please try searching for Guardian Tales on the search bar from Google Play Store, tap on Guardian Tales, and you should be able to see the update button.
- Open App Store
- Tap the 'Update' button on the bottom right corner of your App Store
- Tap the 'Update' button next to the Guardian Tales app icon
UPDATE ERROR (GOOGLE PLAY) "SOMETHING WENT WRONG. TRY AGAIN"
To solve this issue please follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings on your phone -> Accounts & Sync (or Sync) -> Turn auto-sync data off.
- Turn auto-sync data back on and when prompted agree to sync now.
- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Manage Apps -> Google Play Store -> Clear data and Clear the cache of the Google Play Store App.
- Restart your phone and then try to download the update again.